I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!” Psalm 122:1
Friends and Members of First Presbyterian Church, Red Wing,
We have missed being together in-person for worship each Sunday! Beginning in February 21, 2021 we will offer a both/and experience of worship with the service livestreamed from the sanctuary with 25 people in the church building and the remainder of the congregation participating at home.
While some people would like to begin to meet in person, many do not and should not for health reasons. We are doing our best to work together to allow everyone to fully participate (whether at home or in-person) throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and into the future.
If you are interested in attending worship in-person, you can go to firstpresbyterianredwing.com and click on the Worship Sign Up button and register to attend.
Requirements for attending in-person worship:
- Wear a mask.
- Maintain more than 6 feet from people not in your household at all times.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands regularly and when you arrive.
- Affirm that you do not feel sick in anyway.
- Affirm that you have not traveled or been exposed to COVID-19.
How worship will look different during this time:
- Offering plate between the Narthex doors. (no passing)
- 2 liturgical participants- co-pastor and musician.
- Service limited to 30 minutes to minimize time of exposure.
- (Short reflections instead of full-length sermons. No responsive worship elements.)
- No congregation/choir singing. Music via organ/piano or another instrument.
- No bulletins, hymnals or Bibles in pews.
What to expect when arriving at church on Sunday morning:
- You will be greeted outside the parking lot door and asked some safety questions. Please try not to congregate by the door while waiting your turn.
- The usher will help you find a seat that is safely distanced from others that are not in your household.
- At the end of the service, the usher will excuse each row to exit by the door near the organ through the courtyard.
- All bathrooms will be one-person restrooms.
To register to attend a worship service, please go to firstpresbyterianredwing.com and click on the Worship Sign Up button. If you do not have a computer, please call 651-327-0779 and leave a message with your intention to attend worship by Thursday each week. Please indicate your willingness to be a greeter and usher as these are vital roles for our ability to be able to offer in-person worship.
You can continue to attend remotely through our website or Facebook each Sunday morning.
We appreciate that this is a lot if information to absorb and encourage you to save this letter so you can refer back to it. Thank you for your patience as we learn together, how to be together safely.
Pastor Greg and Pastor Heidi
(On behalf of the Session of First Presbyterian Church, Red Wing, MN)